Do you want to study abroad or get employment in your dream country? If so, you must pass the PTE exam to get entry to your dream destination. But the question is how to prepare for and ace the PTE exam.
If it’s your first time taking this English test, you must be overwhelmed and confused about where to start preparation; there are a lot of guides and syllabi! Nothing is worth worrying about, as we are here to help you out. This exclusive blog contains all the information about how to prepare for the PTE exam and ace it.
Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare for the PTE Exam
You must want to give your best during the preparation for the PTE exam so that you can achieve your dream of studying and working in your dream country. Here is how you should prepare for the PTE exam to score high.
Set Your Goals
Before you start your preparation for the PTE exam, you must determine what your goals are and the proficiency you have currently in English. Once you know your English proficiency, it’s time to determine your goals and how much you want to score on your test. After determining all these things, you can start preparation to ace your PTE test and achieve your dreams of migrating to your favourite land.
Determine the PTE Test Format
After knowing your goals and the score you want in the PTE exam, you need to familiarise yourself with the PTE test format. With a good understanding of the structure and format of the PTE test, you can prepare for this test better. Here are the things that you must know about the structure of the PTE exam: –
1. How many questions are included in each part of the PTE test?
2. How much time does one need to complete the entire PTE exam?
3. How are your responses recorded?
4. What tasks you must complete first?
5. How much do you get for each section of the PTE test?
Know The Marking Scheme
Bear in mind that all the questions in the PTE exam are machine-calculated. Therefore, every test is checked and marked accurately, and there are no chances of any discrepancy. The score band of the PTE exam is between 10 and 90, where 10 represents the lower marks while 90 represents the higher score. The score of your PTE exam will be produced considering the following factors: –
1. Correctness: The score will depend on the accuracy of your answers; ensure you answer all the questions correctly to get higher marks in the test.
2. Format: It includes the form of your response. For example, whether your response to the question is over or under the word limit.
3. Quality: The quality here refers to the ability of an individual to answer a question perfectly. It includes pronunciation, oral fluency, and comprehension. This set of abilities is necessary to ace your PTE exam.
Do Smart Work
You will be asked many questions in the PTE exam to check your communicative skills, i.e., reading and speaking. All these skills will be tested either individually or in a combination of skills. So, before you start your preparation, determine where you must work to score higher in the PTE exam. For instance, if you find that you are good in all the other things except writing, then you should focus on the writing.
Here are the sections that a PTE exam score report includes: –
1. Overall score: This section covers your main PTE score, which is graded between 10 and 90.
2. Communication: This score represents your proficiency in you each skill, including reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
3. Short Writing: This section analyses how concisely a student can write their thoughts without missing any essential information.
Note: This list may not contain full information regarding the sections included in the PTE exam score sheet. Contact PTEfor199 for in-depth information on this topic!
Leverage PTE Preparation Resources
While preparing for the PTE exam, you must explore all the free and paid resources in order to score higher. You can check the official website of the PTE or opt for the services of PTEfor199. Our experienced English teachers can help you prepare for the PTE exam and achieve a good score on it. Here are a few benefits of choosing PTEfor199: –
1. Quality Training
2. Skilled Professionals
3. Online Resources
4. Pocket-friendly Prices
An ever-increasing number of individuals aspire to study abroad. However, the essential requirement to enter an English-speaking country is passing the PTE exam. To ace this exam, you must prepare with dedication and focus. But many students who want to prepare and pass this exam are blank about where to get started.
This exclusive blog contains all the information required to prepare for the PTE exam. So, give it a read if you also want to ace this test!